The 2019 Darrell Awards Jury is pleased to announce that nominations are now OPEN for the Awards.
This year, we are accepting nominations for:
- Best Midsouth SF/F/H Novel, Novella, or Short Story on a one year basis (works published between November 1, 2017, and October 31, 2018);
- Best Midsouth SF/F/H Other Media on a two year basis (works that were published or first shown to the public between November 1, 2016, and October 31, 2018); and
- The Coger Memorial Hall of Fame on an ongoing basis (for works that were not considered during their year of eligibility and were qualified at the time they were published).
Please see the rules attached to the Nomination Form for complete details.
Please note that the email address for the Jury remains darrellawards at gmail dot com (spelled out for reasons).
The physical address for printed correspondence and books has changed (see it on the Nomination Form).
Please note that you do NOT have to send the Rules portion of the Nomination Form document back to us; we only need that first page – the actual Nomination Form itself.
The Nomination Form can be found in the following google drive folder in several formats. Please feel free to use whichever format works best for you: 2019 Nomination Forms.
Works must be published by October 31st (Halloween) of this year (2018) in order to qualify. Please see the Rules for the other qualifications.
We will accept nominations until December 1, 2018.
As reported here previously, we operate the Darrell Awards on the basis of three deadlines. The first of those (the publication deadline) has now passed. It was Halloween 2017, a few days ago.
What this means is that if your work or the work that you want to nominate was not published October 31, 2017, it is not eligible for the 2018 Darrell Awards. Anything otherwise eligible that is published after the publication deadline can be considered for the 2019 Darrell Awards, but not for the 2018 Darrell Awards.
Our next deadline is the Nomination Deadline, which this year is extra early: DECEMBER 1, 2017.
This was changed from the previous nomination deadline because MidSouthCon (at which the Darrell Awards are presented) will be held earlier than usual in 2018, so we need to turn in our list of Finalists to them earlier than usual.
Please take note of the Nomination Deadline of December 1, 2017. If your work or the work you want to nominate is not nominated by that deadline, it will not be considered for the 2018 Darrell Awards.
You can find the 2018 Darrell Awards Nomination Form in multiple formats here: 2018 Nomination Form.
We look forward to receiving your nominations before December 1, 2017. Thank you !
The first of our 3 deadlines for the 2018 Darrell Awards is coming up soon.
The deadlines are:
1) Publication by October 31, 2017. If it is not published by then, it is not eligible for the 2018 Awards. It may be eligible for the 2019 Darrell Awards, but not the 2018 ones.
2) Nomination by December 1, 2017. If it is not nominated by December 1st (earlier than in previous years due to MidSouthCon being earlier in March), it will not be considered, even if it is eligible. SOME eligible works may still still qualify for nomination in future years for the Hall of Fame award, but not all of them will — so get your nominations in by December 1st.
3) Finalists will be released by February 1, 2018.
So, there you have it. Published no later than Halloween of this year, nominated no later than December 1st of this year, and we will let everyone know who the Finalists are by February 1 of 2018.
Please see the nominations form on our website at darrellawards.org