The 2012 Darrell Awards Jury is pleased to announce the Winners, First Runners Up and other Honored Works for Best Midsouth SF/F/H work in their respective categories.
Best Midsouth Young Adult SF/F/H Work:
- Starlighter by Bryan Davis – Winner and
- All the Paths of Shadow
by Frank Tuttle – First Runner Up
Best Midsouth SF/F/H Short Story:
- Of Heroes and Airships
by Victor Lorthos (in Dreams of Steam II) — Winner and
- The Adjudication of Hetty Green by Allan Gilbreath (in Lawyers In Hell) – First Runner Up.
Other Finalists for Best Midsouth Short Story include
Allan Gilbreath for The Locked Door (in Dreams of Steam II);
Jackie Gamber for Permanent Residence (in parAbnormal Digest); and
Laura H. Smith for Winnet’s Octavion (in Dreams of Steam II)
Best Midsouth SF/F/H Novella:
- Aaron Christopher Drown for Path of an Arrow — Winner and
- H. David Blalock for High Kings — First Runner Up.
Best Midsouth SF/F/H Novel:
- John Hornor Jacobs for Southern Gods; — Winner &
- Mira Grant (Seanan McGuire) for Deadline — First Runner Up.
Our additional Finalist for Best Midsouth Novel is Jeaniene Frost for This Side of the Grave;
Each Finalist was invited to attend MidSouthCon 30 on Sat. March 24 for the Banquet, at which the winners, first runners up & other finalists recognition were presented.
SEANAN MCGUIRE (Mira Grant) was inducted into the Coger Memorial Hall of Fame at the Banquet in absentia, as she was out of town at another convention.